Monday, September 18, 2023

August 2023


This was at the end of the month, but didn't want to try and move the picture. I borrowed a telescope from the library and Abby and I tried to figure out how to use it together for our night. We were unsuccessful. Then we got together with friends who knew all about this stuff and he helped us learn how to use it. So, when the super moon came we were able to look at it through the telescope. Abby was able to get some awesome pictures through the telescope. 

I love these nails Hailey did for me. fireflies in the sunset.
We had another camping weekend, but not all of us could go on the same day, so while Eric went up with Lily and Korra and Rudy, the rest of us played at home.
Mia, Kyla and I went to the Barbie movie together. We drove home in a huge thunderstorm

Abby and I watching Garland's Wheat and Beet Days parade.

Kyla and Mia were in the parade
After the parade we made our way up to go camping. Eric's parents and Laura's family were also camping. Ashley came for a little while and so did Hailey and Riley. Cheryl came up for a day as well. We had the 4 wheelers so we went on a few rides. We also found some geocaches.










Oops, I did it again.
Had another crash. This time off an electric scooter. It was the other elbow and a lot worse than the last time. I also bruised my hip really badly and scraped my toes and knee.

Just went and visited my parents one Sunday.

I wanted to do this more often, but this was the only time it happened this summer. I took the girls to Benson Marina to go kayaking. Jacey and Dylan came too. We took Rudy, he is not a fan of water at all. He can swim, but not well. 



Here's Abby and I's first attempts to get the telescope to work. We didn't, but took pictures like we did. :)


Korra painted a picture of me and wanted to take a picture of me holding it. 

Before school started up we had to have another nailed it competition. Everyone participated. Korra and I were on a team. Kyla chose the categories and pictures and we drew for which holiday we would get. We had other people vote for their favorites, Abby won with the St. Patrick's Day cupcakes.
Korra and mine. Thanksgiving.


Lily's. Christmas (Kyla was bummed she didn't get this one)

Eric's. New Years (this one was honestly one of the hardest ones to do)

Abby's St. Patrick's Day

Mia. Easter

Kyla, Halloween

Tremonton's parade.
Kyla and Mia were in this one too.

Fair week. It's a crazy week for sure. Tremonton people love the fair. Eric and I walked around a few times that week, but only took the girls once. We made a day of it. We went on rides (only lily and Korra wanted to though) and ate dinner and had a treat. Watch the hypnotist for a little while and saw all the animals and exhibits. Mia entered a pillow and painting this year and got first place on each. Good job Mia!


One thing Lily REALLY wanted to do was play a carnival game, not just any game, but the one where you can win a goldfish. I told her no and was trying to convince her it wasn't a good idea. Finally I said if you use your money then I guess you can do what you want. Well she wanted to play. She bought the minimum amount of balls and....made it in the container. She won a fish! The game attendant was like, what you all are excited! None of us besides Lily showed any excitement. My hope was that she would miss. Well, all our fish stuff is packed away in Newton. So we had to head to the dollar store and see if we could find some kind of container to keep Goldie in. (That's what she named her). We found a small container that I told her she'd have to change the water in everyday because it didn't have a  filter. Also googled what the dang fish could eat since it was late on Saturday night and the grocery store doesn't sell fish food. We found some things it could eat and it survived the weekend. I searched all over town on Monday for a place that sold fish food and there are none. Absolutely none. I called Eric and asked him to pick up some fish food while he was in Logan and since he has such a soft heart he also bought her a small tank to put the dang fish in. So Goldie is thriving and Lily is in love.

School is back in session!
Abby and Kyla are both excited that Abby can drive them to school and not be on the bus anymore! And guess what? Me too!!
9th grade Bear River Middle School

11th grade Bear River High School

7th grade Alice C. Harris Intermediate School

4th grade McKinley Elementary School

Here's another Kyla story for you. Never a dull moment with her around.
Abby and Kyla had well check ups. We were waiting in the patients room and had to wait for quite some time. Kyla cannot hold still most of the time so she decided to do gymnastics. She was doing it for a while. Then the doctor came in and those two talked so much . Dr. McKenna is a super friendly guy and has lots of stories to tell...so does Kyla. We were there for about 2 hours. No problems or concerns, just lots of chatting. She was a little offended he didn't remember her last visit (we went a few weeks earlier because of her wrist..which she did gymnastics while waiting there too, and got stuck for a minute)  She reminded him of that entire appointment by recounting the events that happened sand things he said and then her remembered.

 

No comments: