Let's begin on Wednesday the 13th. Late that night I was having a few contractions, but I decided to go to sleep and see if they went away. They did. So the next morning I got up and all through the morning I had very irregular contractions, not strong far and few between. Very annoying. I didn't know if this was what false labor was or if the real thing was going on. I decided to go with Eric to Logan that day to do something fun with the girls probably for the last time for a little while and just in case. I had a doctors appointment the next day, Friday, in which I was going to ask my doctor to strip my membranes, because that is how I started with Abby and Kyla so I was hoping that this would be the case with Mia. Eric was a little stressed out when I told him that I was having some contractions, he had a test to do that day. Well I dropped Eric off at school and took the girls to the library. Abby played on the computer and Kyla played in the drinking fountain. After that I went to Shopko to pick up Abby's fluoride. Then I picked Eric up. All that time I had like one contraction. Still they weren't strong and I wasn't sure if it was the real deal. As soon as I picked Eric up they were regularly timed 5 minutes apart and started to get stronger. So what does crazy Crystal do, go back to Preston! With two stops in between. We got home and got dinner going, I wanted Eric to eat something. I didn't really eat because if this really was real then I didn't want a full stomach, but I was a little hungry which is weird. After Eric was done eating we went for a walk. I decided that we better go to Logan. So I got my bag and we headed out. During the car ride there Eric was asking me if I wanted to go straight to the hospital or go walking or what I wanted to do. I thought maybe we could go to Wal-mart but by the time we were in Logan I decided that we should just go to the hospital and get checked out because it was starting to get really real to me. I was going to be really mad if this wasn't the real thing. So we got to the hospital and checked in, it was 6pm. They checked me and I was dilated to a 5. OK, this was the real thing, I was going to have a baby tonight! So I called my mom to tell her that she was going to be having another grand-baby soon. Every new face that came into my room Eric told them that I go fast. He made sure everyone knew. I was then informed that my doctor had the day off. I was very upset, but what are you going to do, hold the baby in until tomorrow? So the doctor on call was Dr. Blackett. They said that if I wanted she could come break my water and that would help things move along. I thought that was a great idea because after my water broke with Kyla she was born in ten or so minutes. Well, since Eric has been telling everyone how fast I go they decided that the doctor should go do her presentation downstairs before she did that! Really! So at 7 she went to her presentation which was going to get over at 7:15. I was walking around the room the last little while, no one but Eric in the room. I kept looking at that dumb clock thinking okay she'll be here soon. 7:20 came and went, still no doctor. I decide to get back into the bed around 7:25, still no doctor. Then my water broke. Eric went RUNNING to the door and told them all that my water broke. Everyone came rushing in, except still no doctor. The nurse, Nanci, kept telling me to blow out candles because I was ready to start pushing but since the doc wasn't there they didn't want me to push. Well I was blowing out candles like no one's business but I guess I blew them all out because 3 minutes after my water broke Mia was born. 7:30 pm, delivered by Nanci my nurse. So yes I went natural again. I remember another lady standing off to the side holding up a gown for the doctor, she was holding that thing up for a long time. That was funny. Finally the doctor came, she was very nice, but I got to say that I was disappointed, the reason I go to the hospital and have a doctor is to have this doctor there at delivery. I'm very grateful for the nurses and staff at the hospital though, they do a great job. So regular contractions started around 2pm and she was born at 7:30pm. It was different for me, starting on my own, it made me unsure if it was real or not, but Mia didn't want to wait for anyone or anything. She was going to come when she was ready. I just can't believe all the things I did that day, what was I thinking?
This is me at 36 weeks, the last profile picture I took. Mia was born 13 days early so I was just over 38 weeks pregnant.
Mia June Hobbs
April 14th 2011
7:30 pm
Eric and I kind of forgot about the camera, a nurse asked if we were going to take some pictures. Oh boy, we felt silly.
Mia weighed in at 6 lbs 5 oz 18 1/2 in long (She is my smallest baby so far, I told Eric all along that I felt smaller than I had in the past, I always measured right on though. I wonder if this is a sign that she is going to take after my stature...)
Mommy holding her baby for the first time.
We always get this picture, the proud parents.
First family photo.
So the next day the girls came to meet their new sister. Abby was very excited. She has had a baby in her tummy too, and when she found out that I got my baby out she told Eric that she needed to get her baby out too. When they first got to the hospital Kyla was sleeping and Abby was a little scared of all the hospital things, she wouldn't come near me at first. But once she saw Mia she warmed right up, she wanted to hold that girl and not let go, she was all smiles. Kyla on the other hand did not wake up happy and wanted nothing to do with anything. Abby didn't want to leave Mia, but was finally persuaded and was promised that she would be coming home tomorrow. She wasn't too concerned about me though ;)
Abby holding Mia.
7:30 pm
Eric and I kind of forgot about the camera, a nurse asked if we were going to take some pictures. Oh boy, we felt silly.
So the next day the girls came to meet their new sister. Abby was very excited. She has had a baby in her tummy too, and when she found out that I got my baby out she told Eric that she needed to get her baby out too. When they first got to the hospital Kyla was sleeping and Abby was a little scared of all the hospital things, she wouldn't come near me at first. But once she saw Mia she warmed right up, she wanted to hold that girl and not let go, she was all smiles. Kyla on the other hand did not wake up happy and wanted nothing to do with anything. Abby didn't want to leave Mia, but was finally persuaded and was promised that she would be coming home tomorrow. She wasn't too concerned about me though ;)
Abby holding Mia.and this is Kyla ready to go home.
Mia is 6 days old in this picture. She is a super good baby, very tolerant of Kyla and her desire to touch her face. It sure has been an adjustment. The first day alone with all three all day was a very rough day for me. Abby and Kyla, mostly Kyla starts it, FIGHT! Like hitting and pulling hair. They are good with Mia though. And all the throwing fits and tantrums, it's very frustrating, and tiring. I've been very blessed though with having my mother-in-law's help. She has taken care of Abby and Kyla while I was in the hospital and has been making dinners and has just been a huge help. My mom has also been great. Thank you for taking Abby and Kyla on Wednesday, it was a nice break.

1 comment:
You are a trooper. She is cute!
Post a Comment