June 11, 2009 at 10:38 pm Kyla came to us weighing 7 lbs 3 oz and was 19 in long. She has blue eyes and dark hair. 
Kyla finally in Mom's arms.
Group photo.

Abby holding Kyla. She sat down and stuck her arms out and just adored her from the beginning. She loves giving her hugs and kisses and gets worried when she cries and says shh trying to help her feel better.
Thanks to all those who came to visit us in the hospital, it made the time go by faster.



Ready to go home (11 pm Friday)
Very first picture. We almost forgot to get the camera out!
So earlier that day I had my doctor's appointment. He stretched my membranes in hopes of jump kicking labor (it worked with Abby so I wanted to try it with Kyla). Apparently it worked! Now when the doctor says to come to the hospital when you are first feeling contractions you should listen to him, because I waited a little bit longer because the contractions just weren't that bad yet and I felt silly going to the hospital, but by the time I was ready to go to the hospital the contractions hit me hard. Eric sped the whole way to the hospital and a nurse leaving the building helped us get a wheel chair and get inside. Nurses kept trying to ask me questions I think I just gave them some dirty looks. Eric answered for me. I was dilated to a seven when they checked me in, 15 minutes later she was born. The nurses thought that they were going to have to deliver my baby, they had gloves on and were ready. The doctor ran the whole way there and got there as I was pushing so we both just barely made it on time. Everything went well though and we were both healthy. So much so that we got an early discharge from the hospital (I love my bed!) So the moral of my story is listen to your doctor, they do know some stuff. Eric has told me he is scared for baby number 3 because he thinks he might be the one doing the delivery ;)

3 comments:
Congratulations! She's so cute!!
Hooray, hooray! She is adorable!!! So glad everything went well. Just in case maybe Eric should take an EMT course or something for next time. . .
She is so cute!!! Seeing you with your 2nd makes me excited for August when our son will come. I'm glad your delivery went fast so you weren't stuck in the hospital forever. You are very brave to already be thinking of what the fdelivery of baby 3 will be like. It takes me months to even consider having more kids!
Post a Comment