Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Children Are Great Teachers

Abby has taught me such a wonderful lesson. It's not the first time she's tried to teach me this, but it is the first time I listened. Part of Kyla adjusting to Mia is her sleeping. She has woken up screaming and won't let Eric or me console her or even touch her, she just gets more mad. Well two nights ago it was the worst yet. She screamed for hours! Eric even took her on a half hour car ride and she still came back screaming. Well we all sleep in the same room so needless to say Abby got woken up. I was extremely frustrated and getting really cranky. I was tired anyway and had already been up a few times feeding Mia and knew that I'd be getting up soon again to feed her and I just wanted SLEEP! When Abby woke up though she immediately started singing I Am a Child of God to calm Kyla down. She does this all the time when Kyla is sad or upset, especially at night. Instead of being upset that she got woken up she tries to help Kyla. She has the right attitude, and it usually works to help Kyla calm down, not that night though. Anyway I realized that my attitude was all wrong and I would be better off if I followed Abby's example.
Mosiah 3:19
For the natural man is an enemy to God, and has been from the fall of Adam, and will be, forever and ever, unless he yields to the enticings of the Holy Spirit, and putteth off the natural man and becometh a saint through the atonement of Christ the Lord, and becometh as a child, submissive, meek, humble, patient, full of love, willing to submit to all things which the Lord seeth fit to inflict upon him, even as a child doth submit to his father.

1 comment:

Lacy@uphillandsmiling said...

this post is so beautiful, Crystal, thank you for sharing... I needed to remember to have the right attitude too. Children are great teachers :)

Congrats on your new little one.