Friday, April 8, 2011

Busy With Projects And Fun Stuff

So we've all been keeping pretty busy lately. Eric is working on getting through the last few weeks of the semester and I have kept busy with my projects. The girls are doing good and are full of energy. This first picture is Abby with a band-aid on her nose. This girls hated band-aids, when she'd get a shot she wouldn't stop crying until the band-aid came off, she just wouldn't wear them. So one day she asked me for a band-aid because she had a scratch on her nose. I said sure thinking that she wasn't going to wear it anyway and got her one, but I was wrong. Now every little owie needs a band-aid in her mind. Why they aren't scary anymore I don't know but she is learning quick that it has to be a big owie for a band-aid. Kyla wanted her picture taken too.

We went to Baby Animal Days and yes it was raining, but we got out of there before the snow came. It was fun despite the weather. Abby actually held the baby chicks and ducklings. Usually all the animals are appreciated at a distance. Her favorite was the pony ride though. Kyla enjoyed that too and also the candy cannon. Kyla was hungry and tired though so by the end she was screaming and crying, but overall they enjoyed it and I'm glad we went. Thanks Mom!

I dug out this old wooden train set from my parent's storage that I grew up playing with. Abby LOVES it! She could be entertained for hours if it was for Kyzilla. Kyla thinks it's great fun too, but it a destroy it kind of way. Well Kyla went to bed a little early one night so Abby got to have some uninterrupted fun.

I mentioned that we were trying to grow this Chia Pet, well it worked! Kyla loves to pet it. It is even bigger now than in this picture. Along with school Eric had time to make me a dresser! He really enjoyed it, he had never done this before and hasn't made anything from wood since high school, but it turned out great. We need something for more clothes storage, having another girls means clothes, clothes, CLOTHES! We looked at buying a dresser, right now we have been using plastic storage containers with drawers, but we decided that we could spend just as much money making a dresser and actually get the size and dimensions that we wanted then if we just bought one. So that's what we did. It is a big dresser people...but now we have a place to put all the girls clothes.

This is the finished product, not a very good picture because it's in a tight spot, but he put the back and handles on once it was downstairs so this is the only way to get a finished product picture.
I have also been keeping myself busy. I made these for the girls to do at church.

Also I attempted my first every quilt, I must say that quilting is not for me, but I'm pleased with this baby blanket. The best part about both these projects is that I spent practically no money! Just bought some batting and that's it! I'm also working on quiet books for my girls, just got a few more pages to sew together and they will be done. I will post pictures of the finished product soon I hope. I also didn't spend much money on those either, just used scraps and things that I had plus a coupon for $10 off any purchase at Jo-Ann's so bought $10 worth of things I didn't have lying around and still didn't spend any money! Yeah.

I finally feel like I'm ready for this little baby to come, I've got all her clothes out and washed, crib ready, squished in the carseat, bought diapers, etc. So now that I'm full term she can just come any time. We are all anxiously waiting!

No comments: