Pictures way out of order...again...but here we go!
 |
Korra and Gwen playing together
|
I wish I could move this picture to be with the other from this adventure. Just know that it was hilarious then and hilarious now.
 |
Another one of Korra's weird sleeping positions.
|
At our land in Newton just sitting on top a hay bale.
We went and saw the salmon run. I had no idea so many awesome things are so close by. It wasn't super crazy with salmon, but we were a little early in the season I think, or maybe it was late. Can't remember.
 |
Saw an eagle too
|
Just doing face masks with Korra.
And Lily!

We went to go see all the old cars that were rolled into the Hyrum Reservoir with Laura and her kids. Just know that before we left Abby and I had this conversation. She asked me "Mom, can I wear your boots?" Me- "I'm not sure, it might be kinda yucky over there." Abby- "I'll be careful Mommy, you can trust me." Famous last words. We got there and had no idea where the cars were, so we picked a direction and went. We went the wrong way. If we had gone the other way we would have found it in a few minutes. But, we didn't so we ended up going around the ENTIRE reservoir. On our way around we ran in to some very soft earth...mud. Abby was walking with her cousin and sisters one second and the next she was sunk to her knees in the mud. She tried to get out and sunk some more. She was stuck. She was stuck good. Jacey and Kyla were trying to help pull her out, but it was hard. I tried walking over there but started sinking almost instantly so I backed away. If I couldn't walk over there neither could Laura or Eric. Everyone was laughing, like to the point I was gonna pee my pants laughing. But, I only started laughing AFTER I mourned my boots. Yes those boots I let Abby wear and she promised she'd take good care of. They were goners. We finally did get Abby out of the mud, but she was close to being up to her waist though and all those helping were coated in mud as well. What makes it REALLY funny is that Abby hates being dirty. Almost OCD hates it. So for all the people it could happen to it happened to Abby. We did eventually find the cars and it was pretty neat.





Our library had a challenge for this month. A pirate challenge. There were a lot of different pirate activities to accomplish, and if you did there was a "booty" to get afterward. We did almost all of the activities in one day even though they gave you a whole month. The girls really had a good time doing all these things together.
 |
Mia and Lily's pirate boat. We did take the boats out to the kiddie pool to see if they would float. Kyla and Korra made one too.
|
 |
Lily planted this sunflower for school and took it home, it has been growing all summer and this is how tall it got.
|
 |
Kyla's pirate flag
|
 |
Mia's pirate flag
|
 |
Treasure maps. We had to follow them and find the treasure they hid.
|
|
| |  |
Kyla's eye patch.
|
 |
Lily's eye patch
|
 |
Korra's eye patch
|
 |
Mia's eye patch
|
 |
Lily's pirate flag
|
Pirate puppets.
We also had soccer all summer for Lily and Kyla.
We got our pumpkins early this year. Usually I wait until right before we need them and then we have slim pickings, but this time I was on top of things.
 |
Lily's team, they won most of their games
|
 |
Kyla being goalie, she hates being goalie
|
More Hyrum Reservoir
No comments:
Post a Comment