Abby is in a dance class! This is right before we left, she was super excited and we got there 15 minutes early because I just couldn't tell her it was quite time to leave yet one more time :)
Abby's cousin Jacey is in the same class with her, they had a lot of fun that first day.
So Tuesday, September 13, 2011 Abby started riding a two wheeler! Eric wanted to work with Abby this summer to get her to ride her bike, but with summer school and work he really didn't have a lot of time, so I kinda figured maybe next summer. Well out of the blue she wanted me to help her ride her pink bike. I'll be honest I wasn't thrilled, I told Eric that this was his department and her was going to teach Abby to ride, but I did it any way. Soon enough my hand was cramping from holding the seat and my back hurting from bending over so I told Abby that I needed a break. She was ready for a break though and just kept pushing herself along and all of a sudden she took off. I was so shocked and so proud. She just kept at it, getting better by the minute is seemed. She did not want to go inside that night. The next day she was at it again and almost every day since. Every new person that comes to the house she tells me that they haven't seen her ride her pink bike and asks if she can show them.
She even rides like a princess.
And Abby does have a helmet now, we didn't have one before because like I have already written we were not prepared for her to start riding. She is only four and wasn't really showing any interest, but she does have a helmet and wears it and it wouldn't have saved her from her crash because she fell right on her mouth/chin.

1 comment:
I love little girls in ballet dresses, so cute. Amazing how one day they can't ride and you turn around and they can, good for her.
Post a Comment