Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Vacation Plus Wedding

On the road again! We left early Thursday morning for Oregon and thought we'd get a good four or more hours of driving in before having to make our first stop, well not so. Things never really seem to go as planned. Kyla and Mia both eventually went back to sleep, but not Abby. She decided to throw up instead :( She is very pron to car sickness, but I thought she'd sleep! It was before 5am that we left! Well We stopped and Eric gave Abby a priesthood blessing and I gave her the breakfast I brought and turned on a movie. She was fine the rest of the trip. The ride up went very well, Mia ate from the bottle, the girls enjoyed movies and toys and books and candy (thanks again Reesa) and we made good time. The last couple of hours were rough, Kyla was done being in the car (don't blame her) and some stuff involving a ticket which I will talk about more in a different post when it is all resolved (I can still get heated talking about it). But, we made it, in time for dinner no less, to my grandpa's house in Gresham.

My girls LOVED his place, not really sure why, it isn't that kid friendly. We had to keep taking things away from Kyla so she wouldn't break stuff. Mostly they loved running around outside. We spent Thursday and Friday with my grandpa and my dad's brother and sister came over for a dinner Friday night and it was a nice time. Then Saturday morning we took off for Washington. I took Eric to Graham, the place I grew up, and showed him the schools I went the houses I lived in. I was pretty amazed I remembered where everything was so well. The town has changed a lot since I had last been there. Then I met up with one of my childhood friends and visited with her for a little while, it was really nice. Wish we could have had more time, but we needed to get to the reason for the trip, my brother's wedding!

So we headed out to Spanaway (next town over) and partied. It was a nice wedding and it was great to see my brother and Dori again and have them meet Mia. After the wedding we found a place to stay and headed out the next morning to visit my grandma in Everett. We had a nice visit with her and regretfully had to start our journey home. We decided it would be best to split the ride home into two days, and I'm very glad we did. The girls did super good the whole trip and we made it home safe and sound.

To document our car ride, Eric the driver. I offered to drive but he kept saying he was okay so he drove the whole time. Me, the passenger.
Kyla and Abby.

This was the dinner we had at my grandpa's. My parents on the left, my dad's younger brother Doug (his wife and son couldn't make it), and on the right is my dad's little sister Jeanne and her husband Kyle.

This is how Abby and Kyla slept at my grandpa's. They loved it. Mia slept in our room in the play pen.

Making faces cause they can.



Three generations, my parents couldn't be there at the same time so we missed having a four generation.

My girls loved seeing another grandma great!

Four generation picture!

Cliff meeting Mia for the first time, she thought he was okay.Kyla just clung to Dori when we first got there.This little boy, don't know who he is, followed Mia around forever. I would go in the house and he'd follow, so I handed her to Eric to have a little break.




Dori dancing with Mia, she was in a trance with the biggest smile!

Abby and Kyla made friends fast and easy and just had a lot of fun playing.



Cliff, Dori and Hope





Waiting for the ceremony to begin.

Kyla and me.Abby is holding on to uncle Cliff's sunglasses.Hope being the flower girl.Dori found a hole.They said their vows, and they were lovely, then exchanged rings.You may now kiss the bride!Hug from Mom. Advice from Dad.

Cutting the cake.








Eating the cake. Hope holding her cousin Mia.


Picture of the cousins, can you tell it's getting late?



It was a fun trip, too short! Hope to be able to get back up there sometime soon.

1 comment:

marie said...

Your girls are so beautiful. I love going to weddings. Besides seeing all your loved ones there is tons of yummy food!