Happy New Year! We celebrated New Year's Eve at the Duren's house, then the next day we had tons of snow to remove at the apartments. Yippee.
I celebrated my birthday, a whopping 35 years old now.
Korra really didn't want me to take a picture of me with my homemade birthday ice cream, she wanted to be eating it instead.

I attempted to have the girls help me hold up how many fingers old I was since I make them do this every year and Lily was the photographer. Korra didn't really help either. I thought the progression of these pictures was funny.

This ended up being the best one.

Kyla and Mia started basketball. They absolutely love it. They are on the same team and Mia is by far the shortest girl, but she is still able to make baskets.

I let the girls play with my hair all the time, but this time Mia went a little too far. She was attempting to "curl" my hair with a comb. It got stuck in there really good. It took hours to get the dang thing out and I lost a few inches right there. Thank goodness for Eric's help.

Korra is one years old!!

Kyla decorated her cake this year, it was space themed because Kyla got some cake decorating things for Christmas that were space themed.

She though it was yummy.

I haven't been taking pictures of every painting, but this is one Mia and I did.

I went to Abby's parent teacher conference and she's doing perfectly in school, she always does. But one of her teachers told me a story about Abby that warmed my heart. This teacher has her granddaughter in her class with Abby and this girl was nervous about her grandma being her teacher and about the subject matter. She told me that Abby reached out to her and befriended her in class and helped her out a lot. Abby had no idea she made an impact on this girl or the teacher either. This is why I go to conferences, not because my girls are struggling, but because I love hearing all the wonderful things the teachers tell me.
![]() |
| Just a cute picture of Korra |
Lily is helping Eric make us a coat rack for the garage. She likes using power tools.

Korra likes wearing sunglasses.










No comments:
Post a Comment