Abby has been in dance since fall of last year and it was all building up to this dance recital. Abby enjoyed dancing, but whenever I talked to her about dancing on the stage with her class in front of people she would freak out. She would not want to go to class or say she hated dance, etc. I was worried she wouldn't go on stage at all, she can be stubborn like that. So I took her up on the stage at our church building just to see what it was like to stand on a stage, it took me 5 minutes to get her to stand up, just to stand up! So I got some books from the library about stage fright and read them to her and just talked to her about it. Well, when it came down to it she was just fine, in fact she loved it! I was so sure I was going to cry when I saw her dancing, I teared up during practices and when the other little girls dance, but I was nothing but smiles when I watched her. It was a long night but I am so proud of her for overcoming her fear and doing a great job. The first thing Abby did when we picked her up was give me a huge hug and tell me that she was only a little afraid of being on stage. She kept giving me hugs and smiling. It was awesome.
 |
| She got to wear make up and loved it. |
 |
| Abby is the one in the middle. She knew her dances really well and would sometimes do the next move before it was time. |
 |
| Here is Abby with her cousins and her cousins's cousins. |
 |
| Jacey, Kaybree, Abby, and Kelsey were all in the same dance class. |
After the performance Abby went into picture mode, she was on such a high. Take my picture mommy, then she'd move down a step and strike a pose and ask me to take her picture again. So cute.
 |
| Some of her poses were less ballerina than others. |
When we picked up Kyla and Mia I made Abby change into her other outfit so I could get some pictures and she got her flowers from her daddy.
 |
| This outfit was for her tap dance, a song from the movie Princess and the Frog, and it was her favorite. |
 |
| Smelling the flowers. |
 |
| One happy Abby! |
 |
| One proud Mommy! |
No comments:
Post a Comment