Wednesday, July 6, 2011

My Mom's 60th Surprise Party!

A little over a week before my mom's birthday I threw her a surprise party and boy was she surprised! It was so much fun to do this for her, she is such a wonderful woman so generous, thoughtful, and dedicated and I really do look up to her and hope to be a great mom to my kids like she has been to me. I put a bunch of pictures up of my mom over the decades!

A little closer view. I also had a little slide show of pictures playing on the big screen, hehehe.

We played 2 different games, Peggy bingo (regular bingo only with the letters from my mom's name) and a game involving flour and a dime... don't know if there is an actual name for it...anyway, they were in groups and took turns cutting away flour that had a dime sitting on top, whoever knocked the dime down had to retrieve it with their teeth.












So I didn't put 60 candles on the cake, but there were a lot and it was really hot and did create a bit of smoke (not enough to do anything but make you cough a little)


Thanks to everyone who could make it and extra thanks to my dad and little sister for all your help, couldn't have done it without you!

No comments: