Monday, December 1, 2008

Thanksgiving And Other Stuff

I hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving, we did :) We spent Thanksgiving at my parent's house this year and my brother and his wife came over too. We had such good food (thanks Mom) and watched movies and played a few games. The day after we went up to Eric's parent's house for the day and also went into the mountains to find us the perfect Christmas tree, and we did. Aside from Abby getting carsick and making a disgusting mess in the car we had a great day that day too.

Abby absolutely loved the snow. I wasn't sure she was going to like it but she had a blast.

Our tree!

This is everybody who came Christmas tree hunting.


On another note this is Abby being silly. She decided to wear this container as a hat and walk around.


This is Abby and Rachel playing in the house my Mom made out of a cardboard box. Abby really loves that thing.


We've introduced the potty to Abby but she seems to have gone backward in her thinking. She used to tell me before she went to the bathroom that she needed to go, but she has since stopped doing that. She enjoys sitting on the potty and pretends to go (she even makes sound effects) and then wipes and washes her hands but refuses to use it properly. She has actually stood up and peed twice right in front of it. Oh well, I'm not in too big a hurry I guess.

1 comment:

Marie said...

You could always try giving her some sort of treat when she uses the potty correctly. I read a book where the doctor said to get a peeing doll and make it use the potty then you give the doll a cookie. Once the kid understands the concept you start giving them a cookie for going potty. I figure what kid wouldn't love getting a cookie?