Thursday, April 23, 2020

March 2020

Well March sure came in like a lion or a lion on steroids...I think it didn't get the memo about going out like a lamb though.
I got a huge rock chip in my windshield. It's true that I have a lot of rock chips and even a long crack in my windshield, but this one is a horrible spot, I think we might actually have to replace the thing.


Korra likes the bottom step. She will go there to sit or play. In this picture she is eating a cracker. All those clothes are the other girls'. I put them there in hopes they will carry them upstairs where they belong. Such a pipe dream. 

Well COVID-19 or coronavirus has swept the world. The girl's world was flipped upside down in a moment.  School went into soft closure. This was right after Kyla got over her strep throat and missed 3 days of school.  We all hoped that they'd be back to school after spring break and clung to that hope. Kyla was especially worried. She had a lot going on at school and wanted to get back. In the meantime we kept pushing on . We celebrated St. Patrick's Day.  The girls made a leprechaun trap.

This sign is telling the leprechaun to not to forget to go to the trap upstairs. Lol.

We didn't catch a leprechaun this year. She did however make a mess and Mia and Kyla felt the pinches while they were sleeping (they didn't wear green so they would get pinched and be able to grab the leprechaun) the plan backfired because when they felt the pinching (they didn't get pinched by anything by the way) they were too terrified to move and catch the leprechaun. They did however wake us all up extra early to show and tell us what happened. 

We started doing school online. Abby is very independent when it comes to her school work for which I am ever so grateful. One of her class she has this trimester is Home-EC (II don't think that is what is called anymore but it's the same thing) She was going to get to cook and sew and do so much in this class. One of her assignments was to prepare a breakfast, lunch and dinner throughout the week and take a picture of the recipe she used and the finished product. I took pritures of the whole process though. Here she is making pancakes for us. 


She had an accident. I was so sad. The pancakes turned out great though as so did her other meals.


We've been doing yoga and other exercises each morning to get the blood flowing before school work.

Our store shelves have been empty just like everywhere else. The girls wanted to see, but since I shouldn't take them shopping I don't so I took some pictures for them. The first one is where rice should be. 

This is the cleaning isle

Toilet paper and paper products. We were fortunate to have a good supply of all the things we need on hand before this happened, because I never would have guessed in a million years that toilet paper was going to be the thing to disappear.

We've done a lot of different activities to try and take our minds off of everything. The girls have been doing crafts/baking almost everyday and when weather permits we go on walks or bike rides or do something outside. I think having somewhat of a routine has helped.



One of our neighbors wrote this on our front sidewalk, it brightened my day.


I decided to use the hair dye I've had sitting around for a couple of years since the girls hair tips are still bleached and it would show up. They loved it. Want to do it again since it's already all washed out.
Mia's didn't show up so well because her hair is so dark and she chose the purple color.

Joined the band wagon on sidewalk chalk art. Made a hidden Easter egg.




Also made a road trip to the Boneville Salt Flats, we explored abandoned houses and train cars and the girls got a little fishing in. No on caught anything but Kyla and Mia both put live worms on hooks. That's kinda a big deal for my more on the timid side girls.




Nickname = Boss Baby

My parents took a trip to visit my grandpa and Dolores. They were in Arizona for the cold season. This was before all the restrictions were in place. They had a nice visit, but it rained most of the time they were there. They are doing well and staying healthy.

Another thing that was a major change for us was no more church on Sunday and no more church activities. We were however given permission to have the sacrament in our home once a week. That has been such a special experience. Abby plays us a sacrament song and Eric blesses and passes the sacrament. We always dress up because this is such a special thing. I had never experience this before and neither had Eric. This picture was from our first sacrament. I made everyone journal about this after we had it and about the pandemic going on. 
We've a had lots of talks also about what's happening in the world and all the changes that are happening and the things we are missing out on, it has been affecting the girls and some of the younger ones have been acting out because of it. It always seems to get a little better after we talk. I try to help the girls focus on the good and think of ways we can give service to others. We are all still working on that part.

No comments: