Wednesday, June 24, 2020

April 2020

I want to do some spring cleaning, one of the items on the to do list is our game closet. It is always such a mess and I've organized it before, but the real problem was there's just too much stuff. Especially stuff we don't ever really play with. So with the help of the girls we cut way down and got that closet cleaned out. Also we organized barbies and dollhouse items and discovered that Korra loves the dollhouse. 

We decided to start using our camper and getting away, at least away from our home. We watched a session of General Conference in it. There was already a TV in there and it gets local channels through the antenna. It was fun, but Korra was done before conference was so I walked outside with her while listening on my phone.

Homemade play dough. 
I thought this was a bunny because Easter is coming up, but I was wrong, it's a cat.




I've really enjoyed painting. I'm no professional, but it's just been something I can do for me that's relaxing and enjoyable. The girls and I all made our own bunnies! Left to right is Mia's, Lily's, Kyla's, Abby's and mine.
Random picture one of the girls took

If a tenant leaves their belongings behind I have to store them for at least 30 days. If they do not claim their items I can do whatever I want with them. So I decided to keep this table and finish it so we can use it outside. I took it apart and sanded it then stained it with a deck stain that is suppose to be good for withstanding weather. I didn't take the after picture, but Eric did so once I get it off his phone I'll post it. I did not get the color of stain I wanted, but after almost an hour of being at the store with that lady trying her best I'm sure I just wanted to leave so I said the color was fine and took it. I wanted a dark grayish color. I picked from the colors she gave me to choose from and I got a dark brown color from her. Oh well.

Coloring Easter eggs!

 
Easter was fairly low key, our focus was more on Christ and the atonement this year since than in years past because we didn't have the added distractions of Easter egg hunts and other activities going on like normal. The Easter bunny did visit and brought a few treats and a family movie, he made the egg finding a bit more difficult then usually, especially for the older girls. Korra thought it was great finding eggs, didn't care that there was something in them.

Sister Whitney Shaw was coming home and her mom asked everyone in the ward that wanted to to please right a message for her with sidewalk chalk so we could welcome her home social distancing style. The girls and I absolutely love her and her family so of course we did it. She got home really late that day so they came around the next day and we were gone. But they stopped by a couple of days later to say hi and it was awesome. 
This little cutie joined the Hobbs family, Gwen Christine Malmberg. The girls loved seeing all the pictures of her when she was born but oh so mad that they couldn't see her or hold her. They sure haven't liked all that they've had to miss because of this dang virus, but they've also have been taking it well and in stride. They knew that they get to see and hold her eventually. She already has more hair than Korra....
Dressed all up for church at home.

Korra falls asleep in the weirdest positions sometimes. She doesn't let me snuggle her too often. I most definetely can't sing her a lullaby. She used to scream and cry whenever I tried singing to her. Now she tells me to shhhhh and covers my mouth. Come on, I'm not that bad am I? It's too cute to be upset about though. 

First time wearing masks. These just happen to be the only ones we had. I keep saying I should make some, but I just really don't want to. But after wearing these I know I want fabric ones. These ones are horrible. We went to Abby's school to clean out her locker and stuff from all her classrooms. We were kinda laughing the whole time because we felt ridiculous and Abby's glasses kept fogging. Turns out no one else wore one at the school! They told us it was mandatory so I followed the rules, but no one else was wearing one. There really wasn't many people there, but I was annoyed.

One of Abby's class assignments was to clean and organize a couple of things in the home. She needed before and after pictures and some during pictures to submit. I sure liked this assignment and I'm sure her sisters did too since she cleaned their rooms.







She also had to hand wash the dishes. Yeah! Although all our girls take a week doing the dishes so it wasn't something new. But there was no reminding her to get the dishes done this time.

Messy baby!

You know all those things you see people doing on Facebook and you think I'll try that too...well this was one of those. We had a dance party glow stick style and it was hilarious. I highly recommend doing this. I just wish I had bough more glow sticks because I didn't really have enough for all the kids to cover their whole bodies. Lily had the best dance moves by far and was sure cracking us up.


Got to visit their cousins in what felt like forever. We just played outside, but it was so needed for the girls and parents alike.  Korra especially enjoyed all the space to play. Plus her sisters were distracted playing other things so she got to do what she wanted.
Sitting in the chair Dylan made


Playing in the sandbox

trampoline time

We've also been using our propane campfire more lately. Making smores and telling stories. Easier to do when Korra's asleep, but she's enjoyed it a few times too.






Playing outside. With nice weather we've been going outside more and more.

I made sure to bring her own racket and ball to tote around this time.


playing in the pool for the first time.

We took a trip up to Willow Flat to check it out. The snow had mostly not melted yet and there was mud where there wasn't snow. I now know that Korra loves to splash in puddles and play in mud.

These two girls got to have a sleepover with their Grandma Tine and Grandpa Randy. They had a lot of fun and some more focused attention. They took their school computers with them and did their school work there.
 



No comments: