Kyla turned 9!
| She wanted cinnamon rolls for her breakfast instead of our traditional pollies. |
Her cake this year was a cookie dough cake. It was edible cookies dough, no raw eggs.
Braided hair!
Poof
Kyla got to invite a friend and we all went to the Treehouse Museum in Ogden. Spent most of the day there. Then we went out for pizza to top the night off.
There are lots of things and people to love about the ward we are in right now. One of which is the Shaw family. The girls take turns sitting with Sister Shaw and her daughter Whitney during sacrament each week. They love these two ladies. Whitney got her mission call and we were invited to come to her opening the letter. She has been called to serve in the Montreal Canada mission french speaking. The girls are really going to miss her when she leaves, but will have fun writing her letters.
Beehive Camp!
This year we had a beehive camp, instead of a girls camp. The stake had trek this year so the older girls got to attend that. I was put in charge of this and it was a lot of work, but also a lot of fun. These girls are great and it was fun seeing more of their personalities come out. There were a few who couldn't come and we really missed them. But super glad for all that did. It was a one day one night camp so it was jammed full of activities.
| Breakfast at the church before heading out. |
| Putting up their tent |
| Hiking |
Climbing trees
Found some mud. Some of the girls did not like that.
Taking a journaling break.
Craft time. We decorated pillow cases.
| Gracie who forgot her hair spray, but was able to get some from the other leader. She apparently has to have her hairspray! |
| So I didn't even realize until after I took all the pictures that two of the girls switched spots and weren't standing by their pillowcase. |
Skits!
The girls put together a skit, they weren't suppose to perform it until later that night, but were too excited to wait. It was a super hero theme that they had to incorporate a young women value into. My favorite costume was the hulk and all the bulging ab muscles made out of balloons! They actually tweaked it later and performed again that night.
We played some fun games and some personal progress games. We also had water games planned, but they decided to just throw some water balloons around.
| This was the beauty I got to sleep in. It was a nice trailer. |
| This was our group our group. 5 beehives and 2 leaders. It was a small group but we had so much fun. |
The girls wanted to take naps during the day, but I was kinda mean and said, "There's no sleeping at girls camp!" and wouldn't let them take a nap. That night we sent them to bed. I got the idea to do a midnight devotional with the girls from my sister-in-law Reesa and so after the girls were quiet (around 11:30pm) we went to their tent and held a special devotional with them. One of the girls was actually asleep! I told them to remember that I said there was no sleeping at girls camp ;) We sang I Am a Child of God and I shared some scriptures and talks about their divine nature. Denise, the other leader, gave them a letter written from the view of their Heavenly Father and we read that out loud. Then we had letters for the girls from their parents and gave them some time to read those and then encouraged them to write in their journals. It was a very spiritual moment that I could tell touched the girls as well. It was my favorite part of the whole camp.
After a few days the girls and I went camping with Eric's sister and her kids and Eric's parents. We went to Willow Flat. We had a blast being up there with them.
| Feeding the chipmunks off of their feet |
Everyone, except Eric, came up for dinner one night. The girls could not get enough of holding their newest cousin, Tucker.
| Smores |
| Making a potion |
| Found a dead bird and wanted a picture to show her dad later. |
Our Family Home Evening.
| Relaxing |
We hiked up to the mouth of the spring and there were tons of butterflies. They were landing on us like crazy. Lily really loved it, Abby was a bit terrified. Apparently butterflies freak her out.
| As I as taking a picture of one on me another landed on me and surprised me. |
Little caterpillar

No comments:
Post a Comment