Monday, March 2, 2009

Draper Temple

Today was one of the days for the Draper Utah Temple open house and we went with my mom and sister. I've never been to an open house before and Eric hadn't been to one for a while. It was a really great experience and the temple was gorgeous. Being in the temple, even before it has been dedicated, had a special spirit about it. It was a good reminder of the great love our Savior has for us and about eternal families. I'm so grateful to be a member of this church!

On the car ride up Abby had my mom and sister rubbing her feet, she has the life.

A picture of us outside the temple. Abby did an amazing job the entire trip, even though it was right during her nap time. She really liked looking at the chandelier lights inside. A little side note, as we were leaving to get on one of the shuttle buses an usher made the comment that Abby looked like Cindy Lou!

It took her longer than I thought but she did fall asleep on the car ride home and this is how she fell asleep, with the blanket on her head and her feet stuck in the armrests of her chair.

This made Eric crack up when he saw it. We passed a minivan with two queen size mattresses and two couches strapped to the top of it. Not even joking. Sorry the picture isn't that great (dirty window and fast moving cars don't really mix).

2 comments:

C said...

It sounds like you had a lot of fun...I can't beleive that van, that is crazy!

durenfamily said...

O.K. that van is crazy. How did they dare get in, I would think the van break.