Saturday, March 28, 2015

Eric's Foot Surgery

These pictures aren't in order, but I'm to lazy to try and fix that.  Eric had surgery on his foot.  It has been really bugging him for a long while.  He had tried many different things to get it better, but none of them worked.  I remember the one appointment I went to with Eric at the very beginning of this doctor said that only 1% of people need surgery to fix this problem.  And Eric and I both looked at each other and knew that he would most likely be that 1%.  He seems to have that kind of luck, we even told the doctor that.  I don't think he believed us then.  Guess Eric showed him ;)


Eric got to scoot around on this for a very long time...weeks.  He used crutches occasionally, like upstairs but that's it.

When Eric went back to work he wanted to cover his toes and bandage up.  At first we tried a sock, but ended up using a pillow case.

Eric spent a lot of time in this chair.


After the staples were taken out.

Physical therapy.

After the bandage was taken off.

Scooting around at the store.  I got to use it a little bit, to pick it up and drop it off for Eric.

Eric got a cast put on after two weeks, he still couldn't walk on it.





This picture show all the wonderful things Eric got to wear, either before his surgery or after.  Doesn't show his cast or original dressing after surgery.
I'd like to say his foot is now 100%, but it's not.  It is better though.  I'd also like to say that this is Eric's last surgery, but I can't say that either.  He had another hernia, it came fast and hurt a lot more than his last one which he lived with for 4 years.  He had surgery a few days ago to fix that.  Here's to hoping that this time is the last time!

No comments: