Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Jon's Graduation And Other Stuff

On May 13th Jon got his associates degree in graphic arts from Steven Henagers! Congratulations Jon! Abby was sure excited, especially since Jon had a extra hat that he let her have. She wore that thing all night. She said that she was getting married (meaning graduating) just like Jon. She was upset because she didn't have a robe and that I wouldn't let her walk with all the other graduates.



This is a video of Abby telling me that she is getting married.




On other news Kyla thinks she is big stuff, she has been telling me that she wants to go potty so got the little training potty out just to introduce it to her and she just started using it! She just takes herself and doesn't need me to remind her. Now before you all say how lucky I am let me tell you that it is not all that great. So okay no diapers, but I put underwear on her and she just sits on the potty and pees through the underwear. I put just pants on her, still pees through them. I don't let her empty her potty which for the moment is in the hallway because she is a disaster in the bathroom (play in toilet, eat toothpaste, etc.). So she really wants to empty it, and most of the time she will bring it to me wherever I am but sometimes she finds other places to empty it. So I have a half naked girl running around pouring her pee out on the floor. So as proud as I am of Kyla I kinda just want diapers on her. Because of course as I am cleaning up her messes Mia starts crying and either I have to hope Kyla doesn't go get Mia or hope that Kyla doesn't play in her mess. I feel a bit overwhelmed with potty training Kyla, I'm not ready yet, she not even two yet! In ways she is ready, she understands when she needs to go and can control herself enough to make it to the bathroom, but she needs to wear some clothes and leave it alone after she is done!




Mia is growing! She is sleeping better at night, not sleeping through the night, but doing better. She still really loves to held and has a cute lip quiver. Abby and Kyla both still want to hold often. And Kyla is always giving her kisses on her head. We recently got family pictures taken (I'll put those pictures on here a little later) and Kyla was posing for her picture but had to take a break to give Mia a kiss then she went right back to her pose.




Abby loves sunbeams, she is always so excited to tell me what she learned in class. She has her own sense of style that I just don't know where she got it. She puts the strangest things together and layers with many layers and not in the order you'd expect.




Eric is doing summer school and working 30 hours a week, he is pretty stressed. He is doing so well in his class though and I am proud of him. The end is almost in sight and I'm getting so excited!

No comments: