Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Klya Is One!

Wonder what a one year old looks like...here ya go. I took this picture first thing in the morning, bright and early of course (she does not know how to sleep in) but at least she is happy most of the time.Enjoying some pre-birthday party activities. Playing the Wii (above) and vacuuming (below)
Kyla is not afraid of the vacuum at all, in fact she wants to be as close to it as possible, which can sometimes be very hindering.The first present of the day were balloons! She wasn't quiet sure about them at first, but they soon became fun.We had family over for a dinner and after dinner Kyla opened her presents and she just dug right in, it was so much fun to watch. Abby did surprisingly well watching Kyla get all the presents while she got none. She even let Kyla play with them first and waited for her turn. What a sweetheart.Here are the cakes I made, try not to look to closely. As much as a wish to be good at cake decorating I'm just not there yet. Kyla got her own cake (the lady bug) and the cake just kept falling apart as I was icing it. I thought if I froze it, it wouldn't do that so much but alas I still have much to learn.She didn't dig in right away but as you can tell from the following pictures she was shy for long.As messy as she and the high chair were a lot of cake got eaten. Happy birthday Kyla!

The next Monday I took Kyla for her 1 year well child check-up. Besides her iron being a tad low she is doing great and ahead of her age for vocabulary. She says I love you! It is so cute, but of course when I get the camera out she won't perform so you'll either have to hear it in person or just believe me. She is on the smaller side (sorry Kyla my fault) 28 1/2 in long, 19 lbs. 1 oz. But, she walks like a pro and has a strong personality. She likes to shake her finger at us and tell us no no no. She recently acquired a love of cows. There are some cows down the road from us and when we go outside that is where she wants to walk to. Just today we went there and she was mooing the whole walk there. She loves going outside. The only time I can really get her to sit still for me is if I'm putting her shoes on cause she knows that means outside. She still does not like to sleep, and I gotta say I'm tired!! I love my little Kyla though and am excited to watch her grow.

2 comments:

Lacy@uphillandsmiling said...

I love the ladybug cakes, and I especially love the picture of Kyla all covered in cake, that is so fun :)

Jessica said...

They grow up so fast! She's so cute. :)