So the last few weeks have been crazy and a valuable learning experience for me. Eric and I had decided that we really would like to be out on our own but we still wanted Eric to go to school full-time so the only real option was for me to find a job. I was looking for swing or grave shift jobs so I could stay home with the girls and just work while the girls were sleeping. It was very difficult, no one was hiring! I still applied for other jobs but not very many that were during the day. I started looking in December and had one interview but nothing was panning out. I began to wonder why I went to school and got a degree if it wasn't even going to help me find a job. Then I got a call from my last Relief Society president saying there was a job opening in an accounts payable position and gave me a name to reference and said that I would definitely get looked at if I mentioned this name. I was very touched that she was still thinking about me. So I went online that night and applied for the job; I got called the next day for an interview. I had a second interview after the weekend then got offered the job and started the job all within a weeks time! Holy smokes! It happened so fast. It was an 8-5 job Monday through Friday, exactly what I was trying to avoid, but I felt like I wasn't going to find exactly what I wanted and that I could do this. My wonderful mother watched the girls when Eric was working and in school. My wonderful mother-in-law cooked dinner for me and my family. Everyone was helpful, but it was a huge adjustment for my girls, Eric and me. I got two days of training for a job that takes 3 months to feel comfortable doing (that is according to the other lady to the same thing as me). The person I was replacing got back from maternity leave and decided she rather stay home with her baby. I was pumping breast milk during breaks and running over to see my girls during lunch. I'd get home eat and put the girls to bed. I was extremely overwhelmed with trying to learn this job and exhausted from lack of sleep (Kyla still doesn't sleep through the night) and going through Abby and Kyla withdrawals. My wonderful husband really stepped up and was extra helpful and listened to all my rants and worries and was supportive and gave me a wonderful priesthood blessing. Although I enjoyed most of my job and my girls were adjusting to my mom and enjoying spending time with her I decided that I just couldn't do it. It was too much to give up and not worth the money. I decided that the sacrifices we had to make for me to stay home with my girls we trivial. I quit, it was extremely hard for me to do, totally against my personality to say that I will do something then quit shortly thereafter. I almost cried when I was talking to my supervisor, but she was very understanding and was so great about it. She also has young kids and knew what I was feeling and said there was another girl who was really interested in the job and she would call her and try to fill the position quickly. Turns out that the girl did want the job and was able to start right away and that she really needed that job because her husband recently got in an accident and was unable to work and she has two little girls. So I am really glad that it all worked out for the best. I'm extremely glad though that I took the job also. That may seem weird but I learned some valuable lessons about myself and things that were really important to me. I know that my mom and Eric bonded and are closer with the girls for this experience too. My supervisor also said that if down the road I was looking again for a job that I should call her and she will help me if she can, so now I have made some good connections as well. I'm not sure if this will all make sense but like I said the last three weeks have been kind of a whirlwind for me. I just want to say thank you to everyone for all the help and support, it is truly appreciated.
On to some other news. Kyla is now walking behind a walker and pulling herself up on furniture. She is super curious and wants everything her older sister has. She doesn't enjoy eating solids yet, hoping she starts enjoying it soon, and she absolutely LOVES bath time, she even puts her face in the water, she gets kind of crazy in the water. Abby is growing too! We have had a set back with potty training I think it is because of me working because it happened the same time I started working so hopefully she will go back to no accidents now that I will be home with her again. She loves playing with her cousins and doing crafts, her favorite is cutting paper. She definitely has a mind of her own and makes it known to whomever will listen and is a good big sister. Eric and I have transferred out records finally and they wasted no time in giving us church callings. I'm not surprised that we both got put in primary again, we don't teach together this time but we are still both in primary. I think that there is something that we need to learn from these primary children and I know that they are great teachers so hopefully I listen! I will try to put some pictures up soon, but this time it will just be a pictureless post.

1 comment:
Crystal I can 100% sympathize with you! I worked full time when Rosalee was a baby and it was TORTURE! I had to pump milk during my breaks and I'd run faster than my students from the building at the end of the day so I could pick her up from the babysitter. We now live with Jesse's parents and would love to be out on our own again. The opportunity came for me to work again but after a lot of thought, and prayer, we felt it wasn't worth it. At the end of the day, at the end of my life, I'm sure I'll look back and be happy that I had more time with my children than more time at work. Even though living with parents can be stressful, I'd rather be poor and living in their basement than working full time and missing out. I have a sister-in-law in Logan so the next time I'm down there visiting her, we should spend time together!
Post a Comment