Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Don't Know What To Title This

Lots to blog about and not that much time to get it done! First of all Jon is home! It's been a month but still glad he's back. The drive down to meet him went well, but I forgot some critical things like toys to entertain Abby. So what did I do to keep said two year old happy on a 2 hour drive? Give her whatever I could find in the car and tell her it was a super fun toy. As you can see from her face she was not falling for it, the phone charger was not cutting it.

We met Jon at the airport and then hung out at my parents house and had dinner.

Elder Ramsten
The family

On another note my parents are remodeling their kitchen and as fun as that sounds to me (it really does) it did not sound fun to have a newborn and a two year who wants to "help" and be in the middle of everything around a construction zone for a month. So we headed up to Preston, ID to stay with Eric's parents. Abby has been loving it up here. She thinks that she can get away with things she couldn't before and has found new courage, she has gotten more scraps and bumps the month or so that we've been here than all her other owies combined. She does really love the cats though. As you can see in this picture she adores them and they have finally gotten used to her, some even like her. She has also claimed the purple pillow and purple blanket as hers.

This cracked me up and I just had to run and grab my camera to take a picture. She got stuck and when I didn't get her out right away and she saw the camera it made her really mad. Funny thing is she stepped right through and got herself out 10 seconds later. She has not attempted this again. I think that Abby has finally adjusted to the new arrangement. The first week or two were rough for sleeping. I will post pictures of my parents kitchen when it is completely done (they are still waiting for their floors). It looks super good too.

This is a video of Abby and Eric singing Do As I'm Doing a primary song she learned in nursery, it is her favorite one. I would have taped a little longer but my battery died.

This is a little long but so funny. Abby just started going in circles (she had been doing it for several minutes before I started taping and even did a little more after I stopped taping) she was also holding her baby and every time she would fall down she would say "oh no, baby crying" she was so concerned that her baby fell that she could care less about herself.

Kyla is growing so fast! She is just about 4 months old and has been rolling for a month now. Here is a picture of when she rolled and then fell asleep. Silly girl. She smiles a lot, especially in the mornings and laughs. She really does love her older sister and visa versa. Abby is always willing to help change her, burp her, and hold her, and calm her. It is so sweet. She goes to the doctor next Monday so I'll do another post about all her stats.

No comments: