December was a world wind of a month. It usually is, but I added something new to my plate this year and I love it so much.
But, I'll get to that later. First off we went to the library and made crafts and ornaments and saw Santa and got hot chocolate making kits to go. All the girls had to see who could make the best Grinch face.

Our tree all decorated.
We celebrated Lily's birthday with her friends early. (There is a candle in front of the two to make it a 12). She watched a movie with them and had cake and ice cream. Nice chill birthday and her friends are pretty dang cute.


Went to Garland's Christmas celebration. Listened to music and saw Santa, they had s'more stuff there but we didn't get any, and we rode the horse pulled wagon.

First gymnastics meet of the season. We were in Evanston, Wyoming. We were the only team there for the USAG so they just competed against themselves. We did go get Dad's Ice Cream before we left though.

![]() |
| It was an ugly sweater theme and they had an ugly sweater parade. |
Ok, here is that thing I added that I was so excited for. I got to join a local choir with my flute and play Christmas music with them all month. We went to retirement/nursing homes in Tremonton, Logan and Brigham and played for the residents there. We also got to go to Salt Lake City and play in the Joseph Memorial Building. I took my whole family and we made a day out of it. We went to the mall and found Kyla a dress for her dance the next day and walked around the lights at temple square. I think the lights are even prettier than before. It was a long day, but full of magical moments.


Kyla's dance with Russell. We were at our dinner group when he came to get her, so they stopped by and I got a picture. Pretty brave guy for coming to a house full of his date's parent's friends to meet them for the first time. He is wearing a hat, but I think it's mostly because he just shaved all his hair off for charity.

Another really cool place I got to play with the choir group (Reflections), was at a community Christmas activity. Many different groups of many different faiths got together a celebrated the reason for the season. We had a live nativity with actually animals there. I just played during to prelude time, but it was really neat to see so many people out there. There was not enough room for everyone. Unity is amazing.


Got together with these awesome ladies again and had dinner.

Also had an ugly sweater party with my work out buddies. I love these little communities that I am creating. We had a raffle and I got a cute homemade apron that Alexa made :)
I volunteered for Korra's class party and did an activity with them. Kids sure are funny. I had one girl tell me she doesn't like silly things. She did not like my activity. I had them draw a snowman on a paper plate that was on top of their heads. Most kids got a good laugh at how silly they looked. Then we did Christmas story mad libs. We had lots of butts and farts added to the story.

These are my two good friends Meg and Adrianna. Adrianna is the one who got me in the Reflections group. I was suppose to take a picture with them after the main concert, but I forgot so they took this picture of where I should have been in the middle. Oops.
I got to make a new friend too, Liz! She was fun to play with and visit with.

I was invited to got to them temple with some ladies. I knew Alexa from work out group, but the other two I only knew in passing. One was Lily's teacher at school :) It was nice to go to the temple and to go with other ladies. Definitely need to do it again soon.

Share a Little Christmas. The girls did really well, they didn't have enough time to do all the things the had planned, but it was good to see them show off their skills.
We went Christmas caroling this year and Kyla wore this outfit. I love that she loves Christmas. We did go to over 40 places. Korra almost made it to the end this year. We added a few songs and handbells. I am dangerous when left to my own devises. I really do feel like it is such a great uplifting thing to do though.

Lily is now actually 12! She got another cake and this time we added the right amount of candles.

My dad gave us cookie decorating kits and we had a fun time with them. Kyla had Russell over and he got to get in the action.
Sadly one of Mia's birds passed away. We have officially started a pet cemetery in Newton. It hit Mia pretty hard for a few days. She takes such great care of those birds and really enjoys getting them out and holding them.
Christams Eve party. We shared talents and sang songs and did the nativity. Later we had dinner and played games. Always a good time.
| Landon created song about snowmobiles and Joey and Eric helped him sing it. |
![]() |
| Oakley playing the drums |

![]() |
| All ready for Santa! Korra made him some drawings. |
Christmas was so enjoyable this year. We all felt well and the weather is still so mild that we went on a walk outside. Eric, Kyla and I went and saw the light show and we played lots of games and laughed even more.


![]() |
| Korra saw a giant giraffe when we were walking around the mall in Salt Lake City and fell in love and cried for it the rest of the night. It was over $100. We said no. But a Christmas miracle happened and she got a similar one for Christmas day. She slept with it and it's bigger than she is. |

































No comments:
Post a Comment