Thursday, June 6, 2019

May 2019

This was a crazy and busy month.  I'm still trying to recover from it all.  We had a play, piano recitals, gymnastics show, school talent show, award assemblies, music programs and a baptism for Mia...plus we moved!  Also I've been working longer hours because of the clubhouse being built and all the things going on with that and the new units being built and all the move outs that just had to happen as well, and Eric's been working hard too with some long days at work and then coming home to help me. 

Here's just some stinking cute pictures of Korra :)


 Kyla was a lead role in the school play.  She was the white rabbit in the Trial of Alice in Wonderland. She got to sing a solo and lots of lines to memorize!  She was awesome!!

 Her amazing cousins and sisters that came to support her.
 Some of her friends that were in the play too.
 She had a microphone glued to her face.


 Out celebrating with some ice cream!

 The next day Mia had her baptism.  She decided to be baptized a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. I've never seen her smile so big before, I'm so proud of her and love her so much.

She felt like a princess in her dress.














 Mia and Lily had their gymnastics show.  They both did great and I can see that they are improving and they really enjoy it.  Lily had been talking almost non stop weeks before about this show, she was super excited and wanted to wear make up so she could look the part.







 We did make some time to play, this was on a Sunday afternoon we went to a park and walked around and just played.  Abby and me making faces. Side note, Abby's hair cracks me up.



 Then I took a picture of Eric while he thought I was taking selfies.
 Then Mia stole my phone and took her own pictures.




 We also went to Abby and Kyla's piano recital, they both did a great job playing their pieces, I just recorded it so no pictures of that.

Abby earned some awards from school one for academics and the other for great behavior throughout the entire school year. I didn't attend this but Eric did.  It started at 6:30 in the morning with a little breakfast so I stayed home with the other kids and Eric went.

 Abby also had a band concert.  She had been having a hard time playing the flute after she got her braces and I was a little sad that she might not be able to really play at her concert, but she kept practicing and got used to her braces and was able to play.  Abby told me that a trumpet player got braces on just the day before the concert.  I felt bad for him. You can't see Abby in the picture because she is in the second row right behind the conductor, but I enjoyed listening to them all play, it sounded a lot better than the beginning of the year so they are learning and improving.
 For Memorial Day weekend we moved!  We didn't move far, just from unit #9 to #59, but it's still a dang lot of work.  Eric's family came to help us move all the stuff and my mom took Kyla, Mia and Lily to Orem for Matthew and McKenna's birthday party.  Abby stayed to help.  We got most everything moved over on that Saturday.  The new unit is a lot bigger and it's so great.  We have a one car garage with storage area, an extra bathroom and bedroom and another living space which has been the absolute best.  On Sunday we visited graves and had a dinner with Eric's family.  The kids played kickball and it was just an enjoyable day.



 I didn't get pictures of this but Kyla played the piano in the school talent show.  I'm so impressed with how brave she is and how she keeps putting herself out there.  The next day there was the award assembly. I didn't make it to that because of work, but Kyla was selected as a Lighthouse Leader for next year (which is like their student counsel) and she got an award (3rd place) for throwing the Frisbee the farthest. Mia also got an award for being an outstanding leader.  I'm glad the girls get involved in activities and in school.

The library always has a summer reading kickoff party at the end of the school year, so we went to that.  They had games and a balloon artist (who was hilarious) and a bounce house.  At the end they did a chalk fight.
 Don't let her face fool you, she had a blast.


 Mia got some in her eye.
 Then they firetruck hosed everyone off.

 Kyla's friend Josh, she was throwing chalk and chasing lots of friends...mostly boys....

 Mia found a friend too, Daisy.
 Abby got some color on those braces.

No comments: