This year we took a family vacation. We were gone a whole week! That's a first for us. Day one was spent driving. We drove straight to my grandpa's house in Greshem, Oregon. The next day we visited Multnaomah Falls. It is so pretty there.
We hiked up to the bridge then Mia said she had to go to the bathroom. Eric went back down with her since I had a baby strapped to me and the rest of us hiked on. It is not a long hike, but it is an uphill hike. We made it 3/4 of the way up and I just couldn't go anymore. Carrying an extra 20+ pounds did me in. I would have just taken a break and continued to the top but my grandpa was meeting us at a certain time and his phone wasn't charged and about dead and when I called Eric to see how far he'd gotten with Mia I found out they were at the bottom still and Mia was whining and tired and didn't want to go any where. So we headed down. People passing me made comments about how in shape I was for climbing up there with a baby and if she can do it with a baby I can do it. I just let them think that, even though I was dying! Man oh man I need to start exercising more! And then of course Abby fell and scrapped her knee. To her credit she didn't break down and cry and refuse to move, but she was really close to doing so.
After the falls we went to the Vista House and walked around. Then relaxed at my grandpa's house.
The next day we spent the day at Cannon Beach. It is really beautiful there. It was also very cold the day we went and windy. We were hoping to stay there for a long time, but ended up just staying a few hours. The girls had fun finding shells and playing in the sand though and it was there first time seeing the ocean. Mia loved running in the water even though it numbed you instantly when you touched it. Eric and I ran in the water too:)
Lily wasn't too impressed, she was cold and wanted to be wrapped up in a blanket most of the time.
For some reason I had a hard time getting our sand castle to stay up and look like a sand castle so we made a sand turtle instead.
The next day we drove up to visit my grandma. She lives in Washington. Although it was hard trying to talk to her and visit cause she really can't hear well we enjoyed our time there and all the girls sat on her lap and she just ate that up. This was her first time seeing Lily and the last time she saw Mia she was a baby.
For the last half of our trip we headed toward Yellowstone. We went about half way there the next day and stopped in Spokane to go to Riverfront Park, which has all sorts of fun stuff and rides. When we got there though we found out that the rides don't open for 2 more days! We missed it by TWO DAYS! They still had some things to do there so we went on a tour train ride and sky ride and the carousel.
| Eating dinner one night they had water and pop and drank them at the same time. |
The following day was spent driving then playing at the pool at our hotel. The next morning we got up early and went to Yellowstone. We visited old faithful first and walk around there for a while. The girls got super impatient waiting for Old Faithful to erupt. Eric and I thought it was pretty spectacular, the girls weren't too impressed. They were also very tired.
| Mia was falling asleep sitting up! |
They were all so tired after that that they fell asleep, except Lily who took her nap in the stroller earlier.
| Love Lily's sassy pose. |
| The only wildlife we got to see were elk. This is my blurry picture as we drove by. |
Yellowstone is such a beautiful place. The colors and just amazing! It will be fun to visit again when the girls are older and we have some more time. We drove home that night and slept in that morning! The girls did amazing in the car, even Lily was happy most of the time. We made some good family memories.

No comments:
Post a Comment