Thursday, September 25, 2014

Frist Day Of School And Dance

School has finally started, and I'm more glad than not.  I will miss the carefree schedule of summer, but I like the more structured schedule of the school year.  (I feel way more productive)  Abby started 2nd grade.  Her teacher is Mrs. Archibald and she goes to McKinley Elementary (the cougars).  She misses Ellis Elementary, but has made friends quickly (always bringing home phone numbers) and enjoys her teacher.
I took her to school, even though she could care less if I did or not.  We went to her classroom but nobody was there.  Turns out the line up outside everyday before they go in?  I made her sit down for a pic anyway :)
This girl could not be more excited for school to start.  Kyla is in afternoon kindergarten, her teacher is Mrs. Michaelis at McKinley Elementary and she LOVES IT!  Everyday she whips her papers out of her backpack telling me she has some important papers.  She has been asking her teacher when she gets to have homework and the worst part of every day is having to come home.  She comes home with a behavior chart for each week and has been getting great marks, like taking responsibility and participating and being a good friend.  And the first week of listening to Kyla ask if it was time yet to go to school really wasn't annoying, just so dang cute. 
The really great thing is that I don't have to walk to or pick up my girls from school.  I watched them go to school from the comforts of my own home and Abby picks up Kyla and they come home together.  That is pretty sweet, especially when Lillian is napping :)
I put all the girls in dance this year.  I wasn't sure about Mia, if I should wait one more year or not, but decided to go for it.  She really likes it.  Sometimes she tells me she doesn't want to go, but always has a good time when she gets there and has no problem taking her teachers hand and walking to class.  I didn't take a picture of Abby or Kyla, but they are in the same class this year.  That's just they way they split the ages up at this dance studio. They did give me the option of moving Abby up one class, but the lazy part of me didn't want to drive up there another time so I asked the girls if they cared and they didn't, so in the same class they went.  They are enjoying it too.

1 comment:

Tiffanie said...

Yay! I'm so glad you got all the girls in a dance class. Paige started a ballet class a few weeks ago. She LOVES it too! Love seeing your cute girls on their first day of school. Miss you! :)