Sunday, December 29, 2013

Lillian Victoria Hobbs

Welcome to our newest addition Lillian Victoria Hobbs.  Born December 23, 2013 at 8:51 am weighing 7 lbs. 7 oz. and 19 inches long.
The morning of 40 weeks and 4 days along.

My labor story is a short one.  My due date came and went which couldn't have surprised me more.  I fully intended her to come at least a week early.  I had my membranes stripped, twice...went walking at Wal-mart for an hour and a half (ran into a lot of people we knew too)...nothing.  So I went in Monday morning the 23rd (in hopes of being home for Christmas) to be induced.  I was very nervous because I have never had to do this before and have always heard how painful it was.  I really wanted to go natural again and I know most people who are induced do not do that.  We checked in, which took a while because there was a new girl learning the ropes.  I have never had to check in before, Eric always did it for me while i just went back into a room.  Did you know you are suppose to have your driver's license?  I sure didn't.  Well my nurse, Ruth, who was wonderful, started getting stuff ready and when I got hooked up to the monitors it showed me having contractions!  Which I couldn't feel at all!  I was dilated to a 4 and having contractions which I couldn't feel, that was just so weird to me.  We talked to her about my previous labors and got her a bit nervous at how fast I usually go.  She started me on a very low dose of pitocin and I waited for my doctor to come in and break my water. Meanwhile I kept having painless contractions that were doing nothing, the pitocin didn't seem to do anything at all.  After about an hour and a half my doctor came and I had not progressed at all, he broke my water and left.  A handful of contractions and 30 minutes later we had a baby!  The doctor was only upstairs and ran the whole way but just barely made it in time.  He told me earlier he had his running shoes on but that he probably should have worn his skates, guess he was right.  Ruth was glad she got everything ready earlier and kept telling me that I'd make a good pioneer woman.  I left the hospital the next day and was able to be home for Christmas which I was grateful for.  So glad she is finally here and such a good and healthy baby!
Lillian's first picture.
They had a cute Santa hat for her to wear.
Ready to go home!

No comments: