Thursday, November 15, 2012

September/October/November

At the end of September Abby participated in a school fundraiser called a Fun Run.  She helped raise money for Ellis's PTA and got to run a mile around her school and then got some prizes.  That girl ran the entire time, well she walked for a few minutes here and there, but she never stopped moving.  Eric took the first lap, I took the second, and her aunt Rachel took the last.  There was no way I could have kept up with her if I had to do all three laps (how sad is that?)  So  proud of her for wanting to participate and make the effort.
One of the joys of living next to the fairgrounds is being able to hear all that goes on all the time, like the monster truck shows.  We decided to go see the trucks one morning while they were working on them for the next show.

Eric was in heaven.


One of the stores next to where Eric works is a man named Kent.  Guess what he owns? Buffalo.  Yep a whole herd of them.  We, along with Eric's brother and family, got to feed the buffalo.  Abby was too scared to try, she just threw the apples, I helped Kyla try once and then she was done, Mia sat on her uncle Brian's lap the entire time with her cousin Austin because they both wanted nothing to do with them.





Abby loves school.  She is the model student and always on task.  One thing they do in her class is have a V.I.P board where one child is highlighted each week.  Abby was highlighted and after the week her teacher returned her pictures and wrote her a special note.  Abby was so excited to get a card from her teacher that she wanted to write a card back to her.  She told me what to write and colored a picture and gave it to her teacher, Mrs. Yates.  The next time I volunteered in Abby's class Mrs. Yates told me that Abby's card was a tender mercy because she had been worrying about if she was a good teacher and if the kids liked her.
We made a trip up Green Canyon one Sunday with Eric's sister and her family to the quarry where they got the stones to build the Logan temple and other buildings.

Papa, my dad, gave my girls ring pops.  Mia and Kyla loved them.

Even though Eric has been done with his class since the end of May, he didn't officially graduate until the end of August when the summer semester was over.  I didn't know that he could have walked in the graduation ceremony in the beginning of May, I thought he had to wait until next year, so I didn't make him go.  But, once the diploma came I made him dress up in my old robe and pose.


Just a cute picture of my three girls tucked in my bed watching a movie together.

At the end of October we had our annual pumpkin carving party.  It was a lot of fun to have everyone there this year.
 













Pumpkin walk!

Okay, my pictures are out of order and I'm getting really mad at this computer as I am trying to get them in the right order so I gave up.  They are just going to be out of order.

All the girls getting a lift on the forklift.

Abby and Eric right before the run began.
Abby and Rachel running to the finish line.

Kyla with her graduation cap too.


More pumpkin walk pictures.


Ashley walking with Mia.  So cute!

We got snow and the girls couldn't have been happier.  Kyla made a snow man while Abby was at school.  When Abby got home we all made an even bigger snowman.
Kyla's snowman.
This is what Mia did when Kyla built the first snowman.  Stayed nice and warm inside.

My niece Cambree had her first birthday and we celebrated it with her.
She was so fun to watch eat her cake, she was so careful and dainty about it.

Halloween!

Kyla the ladybug.


Mia the mouse.


Abby the mermaid.


 
All the kids we went trick-or-treating with.
My girls love Halloween.  Abby chooses her costumes a year in advance.  Next year she says she's going to be a cute witch!
Rick, whom Eric works with, has ponies so the girls went on some pony rides.  They have seriously been missing riding Panda and Peanut.
Playing in the leaves.



1 comment:

Tiffany said...

Crystal,
You have such a cute family! Your girls are getting so big!