Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Klya 18 Months/ Ultrasound

We took Kyla in for her 18 month check-up and she weighed 20 lbs 5.5 oz (5%) and is 32 inches long (65%). She is doing good physically and mentally, she actually shocked the doctor a bit when she said "I want Mommy", impressed that she used a pronoun. Kyla is truly a busy child, she cannot seem to hold still for more than a few minutes. Nothing is safe with her around and she still doesn't laugh! But, she is happy and smiley and so dang cute that it is hard to get upset with her for too long for always getting into things she shouldn't. She's still a good eater, but getting a little more picky. And lately she has become a mommy's girl. She loves phones, but only real ones, and enjoys getting her hair done if you spray it with water first. She doesn't seem to need that much sleep, which I just can't comprehend sometimes. She loves her sister. One of their favorites games is to take turns screaming in a very high pitch girly way and then laughing like they just shared a funny joke.

The day before Kyla's doctor appointment we had a routine ultrasound done and we now know that we are expecting a girl. She was a stubborn little one, the ultrasound tech had to try and make her move by pushing on my belly, which wouldn't be too bad if I didn't have a full bladder for the occasion. She wouldn't let us see her face, kept it covered with her arms. But, she is healthy as could be and we are very happy. Abby was so happy that she gave me a high five, she really wanted the baby to be a girl. I asked Abby what her name should be and she told me Girl. Kyla doesn't have a clue what is going on yet. I ask her where the baby is and she lifts up my shirt and blows on my stomach. Hopefully over the next few months she'll start grasping the concept a little more that things are going to be changing.
Oh, sorry there are no pictures this time, I'm being a little lazy. But soon I will post some pictures and update on the fun holiday traditions we have been doing.

1 comment:

Lacy@uphillandsmiling said...

I haven't seen Abby and Kyla for quite awhile... they're getting so big. I'm sure your new little one will be so cute like them :)