Thursday, October 14, 2010

Life's Curve Balls

Soooo.... life has been changing a lot for me lately. For some reason fall time is when things change drastically in my life, fall used to be my most favorite time of the year but now I kind of just worry about what is going to happen next. First, my first and so far only car that I have bought officially died. Just a few months after we registered it and put new tires on it nonetheless. This car was great for Eric's commute from home to work and school and back while still giving me the luxury of having the other car when I needed it to run errands, go shopping, take kids to appointments, or just get out. Now we are surviving on one car. (Yes we have a truck but that is not something we can afford to drive to and from Logan and Preston everyday.) I was very bummed at first but since the beginning of the year I started a blessing journal, I needed to focus more on what was good in my life instead of all the things I wish would change, so when thinking of the blessings that had to be there from losing a car I realized that we will be saving money on gas (our biggest expense) and car insurance/maintenance.(This is the only picture I could find of my car)
Which is actually a bigger blessing than original thought because when Eric started his new semester at school we were hoping that he could get more hours at work, at least 20, but they cut his hours even more! Twelve hours a week! Oh man, that is rough... I'm still trying to find blessings in this, but things do happen for a reason. I'm budgeting even better than before (I thought I was doing an okay job though). Along with random sicknesses that seemed never ending for months I discovered that I am pregnant! Yep you read that right I am pregnant. It doesn't seem like the best time to have another baby, we have very little income, no place of our own (I am worried about space... a lot actually) but this child is going to be a great addition to our family and we are very excited to have this baby join us in April (official due date is April 27th). Abby tells me that she has a baby in her tummy too and that she is growing bigger just like me. Her baby is a girl and she goes back and forth on whether mine is a boy or a girl. She is so cute.

2 comments:

Lacy@uphillandsmiling said...

Crystal, I am so excited for you new addition. I truly believe that everything happens for a reason. There are no coincidences. Heavenly Father is watching over you and I know things will get better :) You have a super attitude and I know I always do and feel better when I look for the blessings. You know what? I always find them.

Melissa said...

Congrats for another little one on the way. When I told Kyle he said that it will be another girl. :)