Saturday, January 2, 2010

Merry Christmas And Happy New Year!

Christmas was a lot of fun this year. On Christmas Eve we went to Eric's grandma's house and had a party with food, music preformed by many, games, and the nativity story acted out. Afterward we all went to Eric's parent's house and opened up sibling gifts, I really enjoy watching people open gifts. Then came Christmas morning! Kyla knew it was Christmas cause she was up bright and early, but not Abby. She slept until 8:30! We were all dying of anticipation but I knew that if I woke her up she would be cranky so I let her sleep. When she finally woke up she was greeted by everyone which of course overwhelmed her and she didn't really get excited about Santa's gift for a while. Santa gave her a kitchen! Once she realized it was hers and she got calmed down she loved it. She would open a present then go back to her kitchen then open another present, it was funny. After a huge breakfast we headed over to my parent's place. We opened more presents including this gigantic present for Abby from Uncle Rich and Aunt Ashley.

Wondering what was inside...a huge stuffed fish. And by huge I mean HUGE!

Abby was a little scared at first but quickly fell in love. Since we have no place of our own to put this huge fish the lucky grandparents get to hold on to it for a while and they are extremely thrilled (ha ha ha).

My dad got all the women/girls a matching teddy bear, my mom got the "queen bear" they are super cute. We finished the day off with games and food and relaxing.

So the new year has come and I am super glad. New Year's Eve was not a good day for me, I spent the whole day throwing up. Rich and Ashley came over and played games but I just lied around and watched them play, I did stay up but went to bed shortly thereafter. The year 2009 was full of both really good and really bad. Eric had major surgery and was out of work for several months and still hasn't recovered and had to miss a semester, my sister-in-law Cheryl battled bone cancer, moving, along with other more minor things. But on the brighter side we got Kyla, Eric was able to get a semester done, and Cheryl is done with chemo and is pretty much cancer free. Sometimes I find myself focusing on all the negative things that are happening in my life and how I wish things were different and how I wish I didn't have to get job and it is pretty easy to get discouraged. I'm very grateful for my testimony of my Savior and the knowledge I have of the plan of happiness. It helps give me a kick in the pants and remind me that I have many blessings and I know that if I focus more on those, things will work out, even if it's not on my time or in my way, and I can be happy now. So goodbye 2009 and hello 2010 and a better attitude.

Now for an update on my girls. Abby is pretty much potty trained!!!!!! I was going to wait until after the holidays to really try with her, but she just kept taking her diaper off and going potty so I thought that I better take action now and not lose this opportunity. She has done really well and has pretty much trained herself. It's been a little over two weeks and I have been super impressed with her. Especially traveling and church. Yeah for Abby and me! Kyla just got her first tooth! I'm hoping that now she will start sleeping a little better at night. She still isn't crawling but it could literally happen any day. She does not like being alone and I can tell that she wishes that she could be running and doing all the things that Abby does.

No comments: